AAHKS has made pertinent information for hip and knee surgeons related to the COVID-19 pandemic available one a single page on the AAHKS website. The information includes:
- Links to the latest Federal guidance on elective surgery and telemedicine
- Links to patient education including the newest article, “Joint Care at Home During COVID-19”
- Briefs from our advocacy partner, Epstein Becker & Green
- Links to dashboards of other medical associations
- Videos, podcasts and webinars
CMS is recommending institutions and providers consider postponing elective hip and knee replacements.
In addition, CMS has revised telemedicine requirements for all care – not just related to COVID-19 – and have suspended the relevant audits.