Participate in Webinars
View the Recording of Bundled Payments Webinar
AAHKS hosted the webinar “Navigating Bundled Payments and CJR in Total Joint Arthroplasty” on February 24, 2016. Moderator and faculty: Jay R. Lieberman, MD, Richard Iorio, MD; Stephen J. Zabinski, MD; and Gabrielle White, RN.
Description: The healthcare landscape is rapidly changing. Implementation of CMS’s Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) is set to begin in April 2016. This interactive one hour webinar discusses the most common issues related to CJR and bundled payments. Perspective on this new payment model is given from an academic, private practice and hospital administrator point of view. Learn about the presenters.
Download the Recording of the Periprosthetic Fractures Webinar
AAHKS hosted the webinar, “Periprosthetic Fractures following Hip and Knee Arthroplasty” on October 5, 2015. Faculty: Craig J. Della Valle, MD, George J. Haidukewych, MD, Frank Liporace, MD and John Callaghan, MD. You can download the audio and slide presentation here. To download, right click the link and choose “Save target as…” and rename the file to save it to your computer:
Download Recording of the Rapid Recovery/Short Stay Webinar
AAHKS hosted the webinar, “Arthroplasty: Making it Successful at your Hospital,” on July 27, 2015. You can download the audio and slide presentation here. To download, right click the link and choose “Save target as…” and rename the file to save it to your computer:
As the demand for total joint arthroplasty continues to escalate, there is a push to increase quality, decrease cost and minimize risk. US healthcare reforms are currently being implemented in an attempt to reduce cost and improve the care of patients. This webinar, moderated by Ryan M. Nunley, MD, will focus on rapid recovery and short stay total joint replacement. Topics include:
- “Intraoperative and Pain Management Solutions for Rapid Recovery” presented by Mark W. Pagnano, MD
- “Hospital Programs for Rapid Recovery – Making the Stay Brief and Safe” presented by Ryan M. Nunley, MD
- “Avoiding Readmissions – Support Systems Required after Discharge to Continue Rapid Recovery” presented by C. Lowry Barnes, MD
- “Measuring Rapid Recovery Program Outcomes: Are all Patients Candidates for RR?” Presented by Keith R. Berend, MD
- “Financial Implications of Rapid Recovery Programs” presented by Carlos J. Lavernia, MD