Media Credential Guidelines
Members of the media may request credentials to attend the AAHKS Annual Meeting, which is a closed meeting – not open to the public. These are the guidelines:
- Credentials may be given to editors and reporters who present valid media identification.
- Online media (blogs, newsletters, newsfeeds, etc.) representatives must also provide links to their recent posts or other published information.
- All credential requests must be reviewed by AAHKS Communications staff.
- AAHKS media credentials are not available to analysts, media advertisers, marketers, sales representatives, public relations staff or organizational communications staff.
- AAHKS reserves the right to grant or deny media credentials to any applicant.
Anyone who violates these guidelines for media coverage of the AAHKS Annual Meeting may have their credentials withdrawn. Some sessions held during the Annual Meeting are closed to media and clearly marked as such. Strict adherence to this rule is enforced, and violators may be asked to leave the Meeting.
How to Obtain Credentials
Email us your name, organization, title, contact information and assignment from your Editor on letterhead to obtain press credentials for the AAHKS Annual Meeting. Please let us know if you would like to opt-in to the media contact list.
Media List Distribution
Credentialed press outlets can opt-in to a media contact list if they wish to be contacted by attendees and exhibiting companies. If they do not opt-in, then their information is not shared. The Media list is provided by AAHKS on request only. AAHKS reserves the right to deny a request.
Embargoed News Releases
If you will be releasing news about research presented at the Annual Meeting, please embargo for the day of the presentation (no specific time required). If it is for a Poster presentation, please embargo for Friday when the Poster Exhibition opens.