This is webinar took place on September 25, 2018 and features 8-minute presentations and a 20-minute case discussion.
Partial knee arthroplasty (UKA) has experienced increased growth in the last several years. Patient selection along with an understanding of which ancillary tests are necessary has generated much discussion. Medial and Lateral UKA can be a technically demanding procedure for the surgeon if not performed frequently. This symposium will provide up to date information allowing for success in performing a unicompartmental knee arthroplasty and will dispel mistaken thoughts as to its outcome and longevity. Illustrative cases will be discussed and audience participation with be solicited.
- Describe the current indications and understand proper patient selection for medial and lateral unicompartmental knee arthroplasty.
- Identify the clinical presentation as well as radiographic evaluation and imaging studies which should be obtained preoperatively to determine patient selection for partial knee arthroplasty.
- Review Tips and tricks for a Medial Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty.
- Review Tips and tricks for a Lateral Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty.
- Plan the execution of a Revision of Partial Knee Arthroplasty to a Total Knee Arthroplasty.